Raz-B's Bro Stands By Molestation Allegations
In another strange twist of events, Ricky Romance, older brother of B2K member Raz-B, says he and his brother were in fact molested by former manager Chris Stokes, despite Raz-B recanting his allegations of sexual abuse yesterday (Dec. 27).
"We were both molested by Chris Stokes," Ricardo "Ricky Romance" Thornton stated. "And he's sick. And I wish we would have just been family. You know, it hurts my feelings to have to talk to him and to have to go through all of these different situations and conversations just to try to get a resolution. There ain't no resolution. The resolution is the DA needs to pick up this case and it needs to be handled."
As for why the pair haven't contacted authorities, Ricky Romance was vague and evasive, having to cut the conversation short rather than answer the question.
"Well, as you know the apology video is out there," he said. "Everyone knows about that. Reason why we have the apology video is because ... you know. You know what? We gonna have to cut this interview ... We gonna have to cut this interview. Yeah, I don't feel comfortable. But you can use what you got but I can't talk-"
Ricky Romance's statements come on the heels of the brothers' Internet video claims accusing Stokes of molesting them.
Stokes quickly responded that the claims held "no merit" and on Wednesday, Dec. 26, former B2K frontman Omarion stepped up and said the allegations were totally false.
Raz-B quickly recanted his statement the next day, making a public apology on another Internet video.
But Ricky Romance is asserting that the claims are, indeed, true. He said that Stokes molested him from the time the group Immature formed in 1993, and said that Raz had been molested since he was 11, although Ricky Romance didn't find out until three weeks ago.
"We were actually just at my mom's house," he said. "We were hanging out, you know. And he told me. And when he told me, I realized that I had- [dial tone] ... You know it was just something that I had to just step forward and handle. Like, that's my little brother I didn't protect him. I should have protected him."
"I know some crazy sh*t was going on over there, but I couldn't figure the sh*t out, you know," he continued. "And I should have protected my brother. You know. And I didn't you, know what I mean? And he's a man, You know he has a son. You know what I mean? And he wouldn't want something like that to happen to his son. So I'm just being the big brother and I'm protecting him. First. You know?"
Pimp C Did Not Die From Foul Play, Says Coroner
Investigators say they are about two weeks away from determining the cause of Pimp C's mysterious death.
As previously reported, 33-year-old Pimp C, one-half of the legendary Southern rap duo UGK, was found dead in an upscale Hollywood hotel room on Dec. 4.
While the rapper was found with drugs on his person, prescribed to him by his doctor, without apparent injury and no drug paraphernalia present, authorities believed he died of natural causes.
According to KBTV Channel 4 in Port Arthur, Pimp C's hometown, the Los Angeles coroner's office has officially ruled out foul play and said there were no signs of trauma.
Pimp C's funeral was held on Dec. 13 and drew about 2,000 attendees, including Houston rappers Chamillionaire, Mike Jones, Slim Thug and longtime partner and friend, Bun B.
Judge Orders R. Kelly To Cancel Concert
A Chicago judge has ordered R. Kelly to cancel a Jan. 13 concert date in Virginia due to his court appearance the following day.
Livedaily.com reports that due to R. Kelly missing a court appearance earlier this month after his bus was delayed in Utah, Judge Vincent Gaughan ordered Kelly to cancel the Jan. 13 date at Hampton Coliseum in Virginia so he has no problems making his court appearance the following day.
R. Kelly is charged with 14 counts of child pornography. Kelly, who has pleaded not guilty, faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
Jay-Z's 40/40 Club Fails Inspection, New Year's Party At Risk
Jay-Z's Las Vegas 40/40 franchise may not open in time for New Year's Eve as planned.
Recent reports claim the Sin City venue failed to pass inspection, putting plans for a Vegas 40/40 New Year's Eve celebration in serious jeopardy.
According to PerezHilton, close sources have revealed that, "Unless Jay-Z and his team miraculously come up with certain licenses and certificates by Sunday (Dec. 30), then they won't be able to go on with their New Year's Eve party plans."
Hov's inspection woes have deeper repercussions -- if the club can't meet the necessary requirements, then Jay-Z and his partners will be forced to refund all opening night tickets, adding even further expense to a venture that has yet to see any profits.
Despite unforeseen problems with the Vegas 40/40, Jay-Z fans in the area will still have an opportunity to witness the Brooklyn MC and entrepreneur in concert.
As previously reported, Jay-Z is scheduled to perform at the Palm Casino Resort's luxe Pearl Concert Theater tomorrow. Tickets for the show, which were originally priced for $225, sold out within an hour of going on sale.
Kanye West is also scheduled to perform at the Pearl Concert Theater for a New Year's Eve performance.
Lil Wayne’s The Leak Quietly Hits Stores
Back in October, Lil Wayne informed MTV News that while his highly anticipated Tha Carter III LP would not be hitting stores this year, he would appease fans in the fourth quarter of 2007 with a special mixtape album called Tha Carter III: The Leak.
The release was to include a number of completed songs that have leaked throughout the year, in addition to four brand new tracks. The Leak was supposed to hit stores on December 18, but as the Holiday season approached and the public was yet to see a video or hear an official single, most fans gave up on the prospect of a new Weezy project seeing the light of day in 2007.
Then, in early December, sources at Universal confirmed that no Lil Wayne LP would be released until the official Carter III hit stores in February of 2008. Now, with just a week left until the new year, a five song Lil Wayne EP called simply The Leak has quietly appeared on the websites of online digital music retailers such as Amazon and Rhapsody.
The EP includes tracks such as “Gossip,” which was supposed to be the first single off Tha Carter III: The Leak, and “Kush.” Amazon lists The Leak’s official street date as Tuesday, December 25 and Cash Money Records as the label. It is unclear whether the EP will ever be available in stores, or why no official announcement accompanied its release.
Here is the tracklisting for Lil Wayne’s The Leak:
1. I’m Me
4. Love Me Or Hate Me
5. Talkin’ About It
Usher Plans To Drop New Disc In Early '08
R&B superstar Usher Raymond recently spoke up about his new role as a husband and father as well as his next album, which may feature a special guest appearance from the "King of Pop" himself, Michael Jackson.
In a recent interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Usher revealed his plans to release a new album by Spring of 2008.
"I've been diligently working on creating a masterpiece," the singer said. "It's going to be out first or maybe the second quarter. And there will be a video and single out at the top of the year."
So far Usher is planning to drop "Love In The Club," which was produced by Polow Da Don, as the album's lead single. Fans may also be treated to a collaboration between Usher, Michael Jackson and T-Pain - however the details are still being worked out.
"It's been created, but it's not recorded," Usher admitted. "As long as Michael is open to it, hey, anything goes!"
A newlywed father, Page Six reports previously blamed album delays on Usher's new wife, Tameka Foster-Raymond. The couple tied the knot this August and welcomed the birth of their first child together, son Usher Raymond V, in November.
"I'm really like super dad," Raymond told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I really cook for the family. ... Now I basically do chicken and broccoli and steamed vegetables, because I'm on this diet. But believe me, I can fry some chicken too . . . I really clean up. I walk the dog, myself. I burp the baby. I change the diapers. I'm super dad. And it's only begun!"
Usher and his wife have yet to publicly release any photos of the child, however his new role as a father has also encouraged a budding photography hobby.
"I've become an instant photographer," Usher said. "Developing them and everything."
An official release date for Usher's upcoming as-yet-untitled project has not been released.
SEAN 'DIDDY' COMBS TO GET HOLLYWOOD STAR
Sean "Diddy" Combs, who got his first taste of the entertainment business nearly two decades ago while throwing parties at Howard University, will be honored next month with a star on the world famous Hollywood Walk of Fame.
SixShot reports that Diddy broke the news on Friday, Dec. 21 during a call in on Jamie Foxx's Sirius radio show, The Foxxhole. According to the Bad Boy mogul, his ceremony will take place on Jan. 11th.
"I'm from Harlem New York, so to get a star in Hollywood is just mind-blowing," Diddy said. "You can get a lot of things but when you see those stars on the ground...that's something I can't even say I dreamed of and to be getting recognized for it is definitely something I'm gonna have my whole family out there for,"
Diddy's star dedication will precede his Feb. 25 debut as Walter Lee Younger in the ABC telefilm, "A Raisin in the Sun." The artist previously played the role in the stage version that ran on Broadway in 2004.