In an e-mail he wrote to MTV, Papoose said that he and Remy will marry next month.
"We always wanted to keep our personal lives personal, so that's why we never went public with our relationship," he said. "Right now, I just feel like she gotta live through me. Yes, we were scheduled to be married on a yacht April 27th. But due to circumstances beyond our control, we are now making arrangements to be married in prison."
The is a direct contradiction of previous reports in which Remy and Papoose flatly denied having any relationship.
Mar 28, 2008
In an e-mail he wrote to MTV, Papoose said that he and Remy will marry next month.
New Jersey based rapper Freck Billionaire has reportedly been arrested on drug distribution charges.
According to North Jersey.com, Freck and another man, Steve Ramos, were arrested yesterday (March 27) after selling crack to an undercover officer.
Freck (born Jeffrey Whitters) is currently being held in the Bergen County Jail on $150,000 bail.
The 27 year old rapper is also a fugitive from Pennsylvania where he is wanted for parole violation, a missed court appearance and giving false information.
Freck, who is known for rubbing shoulders with Fabolous and his Street Family crew, told authorities Thursday that he works for Sizzle Records.
Freck describes on his official website and MySpace page that he originally hails from Philadelphia where he sold crack for a living in his teenage years.
Ramos, 20, is currently being held on $5,000 bail.
Mar 27, 2008
As expected, T.I. pleaded guilty to three federal weapons charges in a federal courtroom in Atlanta earlier this afternoon.
According to the Associated Press, the rapper stood before the judge in a gray suit and accepted responsibility for the charges of possession of an unregistered firearm, possession of machine guns and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Under the terms of his plea agreement, he will serve one year in prison and will be required to complete 1500 hours of community service, which will consist of him speaking to youth groups about the pitfalls of guns, gangs and drugs. He will only be sentenced to the prison time after he has successfully completed 1000 hours of the community service over the course of a year.
Following his year long prison term, Tip will still be subject to three years of supervised release, which will include one year of home detention, plus a $100,000 fine. Should he fail to adhere to the terms of the deal, he will face a much more severe prison term.
Had T.I. maintained his innocence and been convicted at trial, he would have faced a ten year sentence and $250,000 fine on each count.
In a statement released after the plea by the U.S. Attorney’s office, prosecutors expressed satisfaction over the outcome of the case and noted the value of having a high profile entertainer like T.I. working to help reduce crime.
Remy Ma was convicted on four charges of assault and today (Mar 27) by a Manhattan Supreme Court grand jury.
The decision came just two days after attorneys for both the defense and prosecution delivered their closing statements.
She was found guilty on four charges, including assault in the first degree and criminal possession of a weapon. She was not charged with coercion or tampering with a witness.
Remy was then cuffed and escorted out of the court. As the door closed, she could be heard crying out, "Oh my God." A female officer rushed to calm her down.
Remy's brother hollered out, "This is bullsh*t," as the verdict was being read. The judge ordered him to be escorted out of the court room
On trial since March 10, the former Terror Squad artist born Remy Smith stood accused of shooting her childhood friend Makeda Barnes-Joseph in a July 2007 dispute over $3000.
Barnes-Joseph spent three weeks in the hospital following the incident, which left her with two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. The victim underwent three separate surgeries to repair the damage.
Remy Ma faces up to 25 years in prison.
Ice Cube is slated to star and produce an upcoming comedy based on shifty promoters called Janky Promoters.
According to Daily Variety, Cube will play one of two inexperienced music promoters who book a big name rapper in a mid sized California venue and things go awry.
The flick is scheduled to begin production in the summer and will be released via Dimension Films.
Dimension Films honcho, Bob Weinstein, says he plans to cast a well known rapper to play himself in the flick.
“This feels a lot like Uptown Saturday Night to me, a caper film where you have these music promoters who are slightly shady but are good enough guys that you root for them,” said Weinstein “This is going to be R-rated, and it appeals right to the core of Cube's audience.”
Kimora Lee Simmons is trying to move on, and made it official by filing for divorce in Los Angeles on Tuesday (March 25) from hip-hop pioneer, Russell Simmons.
According to the Associated Press, Kimora officially filed papers in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, citing irreconcilable differences.
Russell filed in March 2006, but by August 2007 Kimora told OK! Magazine, in an interview, that they were not divorced yet, and said "who knows" what will happen.
Guess, there's been a change of heart since then, especially since she's been dating Beninois actor Djimon Hounsou and is rumored to have a baby on the way, although nothing has been confirmed.
32-year-old Kimora and 50-year-old Russell Simmons had been married for seven years, and have two daughters together -- 8-year-old Ming Lee and 5-year-old Aoki Lee.
The Los Angeles Times today (March 27) released statements apologizing for an article that linked Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jimmy “Henchman” Rosemond (The Game’s manager) in the 1994 ambush of Tupac Shakur.
Tupac was robbed and shot five times at the Quad Recording Studio in New York in 1994
The Times ran an article last week claiming that Diddy and Rosemond planned the attack after Tupac refused to sign with Diddy's Bad Boy Records.
The article, which was written by Pulitzer Prize winning writer Chuck Philips, cited FBI reports as the major source of its information.
The Smoking Gun would challenge The Times' article yesterday (March 26) proving that the FBI documents that the newspaper used for its controversial article were forged by a delusional and currently jailed scam artist named James Sabatino.
“In relying on documents that I now believe were fake, I failed to do my job,” said Philips via his statement. “I'm sorry.”
“We should not have let ourselves be fooled,” said The Times' Deputy Managin g Editor Marc Duvoisin via a separate statement. “[It] was much my fault as Chuck's. I deeply regret that we let our readers down.”
Russ Stanton, The Times' editor, apologized yesterday (March 26) saying that they have launched an internal investigation into the authenticity of the documents.
Diddy and Rosemond both denied having any involvement in Tupac's ambush when the Times story surfaced.
Reports have surfaced that Atlanta rapper T.I. may plead to guilty to various gun charges today (March 27) as part of a plea agreement.
As reported earlier, T.I. was arrested on October 13th for allegedly trying to purchase a machine gun and two silencers from his bodyguard.
He would be indicted on charges of possessing unregistered machine guns and silencers; unlawfully possessing machine guns; and of being a convicted felon in possession of firearms.
According to The Atlanta Journal Constitution, T.I.'s defense team and prosecutors have been in intense negotiations over a plea agreement in the past several weeks.
The plea agreement would allegedly be 1,500 hours of community service talking to youth groups around the country, followed by about 12 months in prison.
The plea deal would have to be approved by a federal judge.
T.I. has been under house arrest the past few months under $3 million bond.
Mar 26, 2008
Former Deathrow Records crooner Nate Dogg has reportedly pleaded guilty to battery and trespassing charges stemming from a 2006 incident.
Nate (born Nathaniel Hale) broke into a Huntington Beach home in 2006 where his ex-girlfruend lived with her mother and new boyfriend.
The singer would punch his ex's boyfriend and leave the residence.
According to TMZ, Nate pleaded guilty to aggravated trespassing and battery in Orange County California Court on March 20th.
Nate was slapped with three years probation and ordered not to carry a weapon for ten years. He was also ordered to complete a domestic violence/batterers treatment program.
Mar 25, 2008
Sean "Diddy" Combs has settled a civil lawsuit filed by a man who claimed Diddy allegedly assaulted him during a night out.
The lawsuit by Gerard Rechnitzer claimed that Combs punched him, pushed his girlfriend and spat on another woman on Feb. 25, 2007 outside Teddy's Nightclub at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
Diddy claims that any physical contact between Rechnitzer and himself was simply due to his quick reaction as Rechnitzer launched towards him.
"Any contact ... was caused by his forward motion against my open hand." Said Diddy.
Rechnitzer seeked unspecified damages, the details of the settlement have yet to be disclosed.
Fans of G-Unit and Dj Drama are in for a treat this Spring as the two will be releasing the groups first Gangsta Grillz mixtape.
According to MTV News, the first ever Gangsta Grillz G-Unit edition is about to go into production after 50 reached out to DJ Drama to put it together.
"A couple of days after G-Unit dropped their Elephant in the Sand mixtape , I got the call from 50 and he was like, 'Drama, what up? It's time to do this G-Unit/ Aphilliates Gangsta Grillz.' " Drama tells MTV.
"He was saying basically it's time to get G-Unit hot in the South. What better way to do that than to do a Gangsta Grillz? Not only from a South aspect but from a quality street-music aspect. Me and Whoo Kid talked the other day, Fif and G-Unit are getting songs together, [my artists] Willie Da Kid and La Da Darkman are getting some songs together. I reached out to the [TI] and told him it's a special project; I need him to get busy. We're gonna go in." He continued.
The mixtape should be available via the web mid-spring.
(Lnote: I wonder if this is 50's way of appeasing buck??)
Mar 24, 2008
Remy Ma was back in Manhattan Criminal Court today (Mar. 24) for the closing arguments in her assault trial.
According to the Associated Press, the rapper's attorney, Ivan Fisher, told jurors in his closing statements that the prosecution did not prove that the shooting was anything more than an accident and that the victim agrees.
As Prevously reported Remy Ma is accused of shooting former friend Makeda Barnes-Joseph in Manhattan's Meatpacking district last July.
Though a witness came forward and testified that he saw Remy cock the gun before entering Barnes-Joseph's car, Fisher says it was an accident.
Now, it's the victim's own testimony that the defense is citing as proof of Remy's innocence. According to Fisher, Barnes-Joseph admitted on the stand that the gun went off during a struggle over a handbag. He said there's no evidence that the shooting was more than a mishap.
The shooting allegedly took place after Remy discovered $3,000 missing from her purse, and accused Barnes-Joseph of taking it, demanding that she empty out the contents of her bag.
The prosecution is expected to give its summations later today.
Fabolous will be following in the former president's footsteps with his next LP which he has said to be based on a movie in the same sense as Jay Z's "American Gangster." Though he refused to disclosed the movie the album will be modeled after, Loso gave out a few details of the upcoming project to MTV's Mixtape Monday.
“What Jay-Z did [with 'American Gangster'] ... he took that Frank Lucas character and put it in the frame of his Jay character,” Loso explained.
“That's what I wanna do. I don't wanna say I that I'm actually the character, but take some of his scenarios or some things I went through and tell it in my tone.”
Fabolous also said he would like to get production contributions from DJ Toomp, KanYe West, Just Blaze & Polow Da Don.
He plans to release a single in May and have the album out by August.
Fab is also planning a compilation album for his crew The Street Family. Freck Billionaire, Red Cafe, Paul Cain and new member R & B singer Deemi are set to appear on the compilation.
T.I. was among more than 30,000 people who celebrated their Easter Sunday at Atlanta’s Georgia Dome yesterday (March 23).
As reported earlier, T.I., who is currently under house arrest for various gun charges, was given permission by a judge Thursday (March 20) to attend the service.
According to 11 Alive News, T.I. took the pulpit Sunday to speak about his purpose for observing Easter.
“We're here to celebrate the death of our Lord and Savior,” T.I. said. “He was willing to give his life for us so that we may ask for forgiveness for our sins and be forgiven and saved...no matter how many times we have to ask...or how long it takes to get it right.”
T.I., who has pleaded not guilty to the weapon charges, faces five or more years behind bars if convicted.
Jason Rae, the husband of British crooner Corrine Bailey Rae, was reportedly found dead in a London apartment Saturday night (March 22).
According to The New York Daily News, authorities suspect that Jason, 31, died from a drug overdose. Corrine, 29, was not at the apartment at the time her husband was discovered.
An unidentified 32 year old man would be arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs but he was later released.
Authorities are currently waiting on a toxicology report on Jason’s body.
Jason was a saxophonist with the Haggis Horns which has performed with Amy Winehouse and various other acts.
Corrine dropped her self titled debut album in 2006 and it received various nominations including a Grammy nomination and an Image Award nomination.
Email your Photos to L at
Please make sure you put EyeCandy in the subject.
All Submissions must be dressed in a swimsuit or provocatively dressed.
All pics become property of ImHipHop.
Thanks and good luck