Jan 19, 2009
Violence rocked the night at an afterparty for the recent release of the Biggie biopic, "Notorious," leaving four men stabbed in a New York City nightclub.
According to the Associated Press, a party advertised as the afterparty for the film premiere, left a 21-year-old man in critical condition after being stabbed numerous time, while three others were stable.
The stabbing took place at the Djumbala club is in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn on Saturday (January 17).
At press time, what sparked the incident is unknown, and police would not release any further information.
While the party had been promoted as the "official" afterparty, "Notorious" distributor, Fox Searchlight, said it was not related.
Max's B's girlfriend, Gina Conway, admitted in a New Jersey court this week that she took part in a fatal robbery with the former Dipset rapper in September 2006.
Max B, along with Conway and his friend Kelvin Leerdam, were charged with murder in 2006 after a botched robbery at a Holiday Inn hotel in Fort Lee, New Jersey ended in the death of 29-year-old David Taylor.
According to NorthJersey, Conway admitted Tuesday (January 13) that after she met Taylor and Allan Plowden in 2006, she revealed to Max B that both men carried alot of cash and drove flashy cars.
She then claimed Max B recruited Leerdam and they hatched a plan to rob Taylor and Plowden.
Max B and Leerdam would confront and duct-tape Plowden in his hotel room on September 22, 2006 and they demanded money from him.
Plowden, who had $30,000 in cash in his room, told Max B and Leerdam that Taylor had the money.
Max B and Leerdam then forced Plowden to call Taylor to his room. Taylor would be shot in the head when he got to Plowden’s room.
Conway, who faced life in prison if she was convicted, took a plea deal Tuesday and will face up to 18 years behind bars when she is sentenced in March.
Conway revealed that Leerdam had the gun. Leerdam’s and Max B’s cases are still pending.
Max B, who gained national attention via his affiliation with The Diplomats, is currently signed to Amalgam Digital and is prepping for the release of his debut album.
Andre 3000's clothing line, Benjamin Bixby, has reportedly gotten off to a rough start after just launching four months ago.
According to Woooha, sales of the rapper's gear have failed to take off because of the ongoing economic crisis and the clothing line's high prices and limited availability.
Andre launched Benjamin Bixby in September 2008 and the line included a sweater vest with a $275 price tag and a $1,400 leather jacket.
The Outkast rapper has now been forced to slash prices and sell his clothing via discount luxury sites.
"The Benjamin Bixby clothing line is facing severe financial hardships due to limited sales and excess inventory. Because [Andre] paid so much attention to detail, his clothing line was not cheap to reproduce on a mass scale. Instead, limited quantities of the collection were made and sold primarily online through luxury fashion sites such as Barneys.com," the site said in an exclusive report.
"The problem is no one is buying the clothing line because of the high price point and no brand equity. As a result, the Benjamin Bixby clothing line has had to dramatically drop prices in order to move inventory and prevent retailers from shipping it all back to Mr. Benjamin,” the site revealed
"It’s not a good sign to see your four month old fashion collection on discount luxury sites, but the fact is selling the inventory at a low price is better than it sitting on the shelf and not making a dime," the site added.
Despite the blow, Benjamin Bixby has been nominated for GQ’s second annual 'Best New Menswear Designers in America' contest. The winner of the contest will receive a 50,000 cash prize and a chance to create a limited edition collection for Levi.
Full Layout after the jump
Ladies if you think you have what it takes to be UNCUT Knockout Of The Week,
Email your Photos to Wade Bloggs at
Please make sure you put Knockouts in the subject.
All Submissions must be dressed in a swimsuit or provocatively dressed.
All pics become property of UNCUT Magazine.
The assets of Death Row Records were auctioned off for $18 million to WIDEawake Entertainment Group Friday (January 16).
According to Billboard, the assets included master recordings by Tupac Shakur, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre.
Lara Lavi, the founder and CEO of WIDEawake, revealed that a significant amount of the assets they acquired were unreleased material by 2Pac, Dr. Dre and various other artists that were affiliated with the label.
"There’s probably more that hasn’t seen the light of day than has,” Lavi said.
WIDEawake is based Ontario, Canada. Lavi revealed that she has been talking to companies in the U.S. to distribute Death Row’s catalog. She also divulged that she will be working closely with Tupac's estate to release the late rapper's work.
“We have some ideas,” Lavi said. “We’re very respectful of Death Row’s legacy".
Suge Knight, the founder of Death Row Records, lost control of the label after filing for bankruptcy in 2006. The label was put up for auction last summer but a potential buyer, Global Music Group, failed to cl ose the sale.
Jan 18, 2009
Nas and his wife Kelis are reportedly expecting their first child together, said reports by Us Weekly.
A source told the magazine that the singer is currently in her first trimester, and she's already show.
"It's all they are talking about," said the source. "She is carrying hip-hop royalty. They are so excited."
While it will be Kelis first, Nas already has a daughter, named Destiny, from a previous relationship.
The couple have been married since January 2005, after being engaged for nearly two years. The pair married in Atlanta.
Both stars have yet to comment on the reported pregnancy.